Any non-profit organization (Asbl) fulfilling the following conditions may submit an "Application for allocation":
- To be a Belgian non-profit organization active in Belgium.
- Participating to a humanitarian, social or medical action.
- At the time of the introduction of the request for funding, have a minimum of three years of exercise from the date of publication of the statutes to the ‘Moniteur Belge / Belgisch Staatsblad’.
- Present a specific material project located in Belgium. Administrative expenses or running costs are not eligible for funding. United Fund for Belgium does not intervene in the purchase of a vehicle if the association owns more than 3 vehicles. In addition, UFB does not fund major construction or renovation projects. We have a preference for projects that can be funded in its entirety.
- If the association has previously received an allocation from United Fund for Belgium, it will have to observe a period of 3 years from the date of the official notification letter of the previous allocation before submitting a new application.
- If the association has previously received an allocation from United Fund for Belgium for the financing of a vehicle, it will have to observe a period of 6 years from the date of the official notification letter of the previous allocation before submitting a new request for the financing of a vehicle. It should be noted that UFB will only finance part of the vehicle.
- If the association wishes to re-apply for a project other than the financing of a vehicle, the 3-year period will apply.
United Fund for Belgium supports charitable projects that help improve the social integration of disadvantaged people in Belgium.
United Fund for Belgium...
- Provides only support to social or humanitarian associations. We do not subsidize cultural, political or religious projects, nor subsidized schools or hospitals.
- Only supports associations with a minimum of three years of existence and practice.Supports charitable organizations for a concrete and detailed project with the direct objective of improving the life and/or living environment of the beneficiaries.
- Asks the associations applying for funding to fill in the form / questionnaire and attach all the requested documents.
- Does not give subsidies to cultural, political or religious action.
- Does not provide subsidies to subsidized schools or related associations.
- Does not provide subsidies to hospitals.
- May provide support to related support associations if they develop non-medical activities with social impact. Their Board of Directors must be different and independent from that of the hospital to which they are linked.
- Does not provide subsidies to organizations that are themselves fundraising.