Who can apply for United Fund for Belgium support?
United Fund for Belgium is a Belgian non-profit organisation. Its mission is to help people in need by financing the projects of charities in Belgium, thanks to donations collected from companies and individuals. UFB’s objective is to improve social integration in Belgium by investing in material projects that have a direct impact on the beneficiaries. In addition, we favour projects that can be financed in their entirety.
United Fund for Belgium aims to limit exclusion by contributing to social integration, because a society worthy of the name must offer equal opportunities to as many people as possible.
How do we act?
Contributing to the well-being of each child
By helping people with and without disabilities
By fighting poverty
During the 2019-2020 campaign, our action thus raised € 772,000 which was used to support 81 different associations in Belgium. We would like to remind you that United Fund for Belgium does not make the money directly available to the beneficiaries, but that we reimburse the expenses incurred, on the bank account of the non-profit organisation, when the selected project is successfully completed. UFB only reimburses invoices issued after notification of acceptance of the financial support. Invoices dated prior to this approval will therefore not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted throughout the year. The time between the submission of your application and the actual release of funds can take approximately one year.
Who can apply?
Our social integration process includes all generations, people with disabilities, as well as people from all socio-economic backgrounds. We also help Belgian companies wishing to support social causes to get in touch with one or more local projects. In this way, we enable donors, volunteers and their stakeholders to have a concrete and sustainable social impact and to create a sense of community at the local level.
Projects of a cultural, political or religious nature are therefore automatically excluded from our field of intervention. Similarly, we do not fund state-funded organisations such as schools, associations receiving public funds or hospitals.
Nor does finance major construction or renovation projects. Neither do we intervene for organisations that are themselves engaged in major fundraising.
United Fund for Belgium can grant financial aid to all non-profit charitable organisations and associations (asbl/vzw) under Belgian law that meet the following conditions:
- Be a Belgian ASBL/VZW operating in Belgium.
- Have a material, concrete and detailed project with the objective of improving the life and/or living environment of the beneficiaries of the initiative.
- Have as its objective the participation in a humanitarian or social action.
- Have a minimum of three years of practice from the date of publication of the statutes in the Moniteur Belge/Belgisch Staatsblad, at the time the application is submitted.
- The actual implementation of the project must take place in Belgium.
1. Administrative expenses and running costs of the applicant association are not accepted in projects.
2. If the association has already received a grant from the United Fund for Belgium, it will have to observe a period of 3 years from the date of the official notification letter of the previous grant before submitting a new application.
3. If your application is for financing the purchase of a vehicle, UFB will only finance a portion of the vehicle in question.
4. United Fund for Belgium does not intervene in the purchase of a vehicle if the association has more than 3 own vehicles. Unless, of course, it is a question of replacing one of these 3 vehicles.
5. If United Fund for Belgium has financed a vehicle, observe a period of 6 years from the date of the official notification letter of selection of the previous application for financial support before submitting a new application for the financing of a vehicle.
6. However, if the association wishes to submit a new application for a project other than the financing of a vehicle, the normal period of 3 years will apply again.